The many winter sports enthusiasts sometimes cause a high volume of traffic on the interstate connections. The state road works NRW therefore council the use of alternative routes.
For your safety
The snowploughs do the best they can, but in the interest of your safety it is best to have winter tires, or at least snow chains in the boot, as road conditions can change quite abruptly.
National Highway Connections:
- National Highway A4: Köln-Olpe, from the "Olper Kreuz" take the A45 direction Frankfurt, take the exits "Dillenburg" (for the Siegerland-Wittgenstein), or "Olpe" (for the Sauerland)
- National Highway A7: Hamburg-Hannover, A2 direction Bielefeld, A33 direction Paderborn, take the exit "Wünnenberg", follow the signs to Brilon
- National Highway A5: Frankfurt-Giessen: take the exit "Marburg" or "Allendorf", follow the signs to Winterberg
- National Highway A44 Dortmund-Kassel: at "Kreuz Werl" change to the A46, direction Arnsberg, Meschede, follow the signs to Bestwig
- National Highway A44 Kassel-Dortmund: take the exit "Anröchte" or "Belecke", follow the signs to Olsberg
- B 236: Lünen – Schwerte – Werdohl – Lennestadt-Schmallenberg – Winterberg – Allendorf/Eder - Münchhausen
- B 251: Kassel – Korbach – Willingen – Brilon
- B 480: Paderborn – Brilon – Bad Berleburg
- B 517: Kreuztal–Siegen B 54: Wiesbaden – Siegen – Münster B 62: Hamm (Rheinland-Pfalz) – Siegen – Netphen –Hilchenbach– Erndtebrück – Bad Laasphe–Marburg – Bad Hersfeld
Links to plan your trip: